Data We Collect
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Identity Data: such as your first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data: such as your email address.
- Technical Data: such as IP address, browser type, and version, time zone setting, and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to aid in spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, it’s recommended to avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) as visitors can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. This is for convenience, so you don’t have to re-enter your details for future comments. These cookies last for one year.
- Visiting our login page sets a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Logging in sets up several cookies to save your login info and screen display choices. Login cookies last two days, screen options cookies last a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login persists for two weeks. Logging out removes the login cookies.
- Editing or publishing an article saves an additional cookie in your browser, indicating the post ID of the article you edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Comments and their metadata are retained indefinitely to recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically. For users that register, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Users can see, edit, or delete their personal information anytime (except username changes). Website administrators can also view and edit this information.
If you have an account or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we hold about you. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This excludes data we need to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. If you have any questions related to our GDPR compliance, please contact us.